Gadget Zone (from here on referred to as ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) is committed to protecting the privacy of every one of our customers.
If you have any doubts
We are always here to answer your questions about the privacy of the personal information that we obtain from you. You can email our Customer Service team if you have any questions or concerns that haven’t been answered below.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal and non-personal information from both registered and guest users when they visit our site. The information will be shared only with trusted partners who assist in ensuring that your experience on our site is worthwhile. We do not sell your information to any third parties and we see it as our responsibility to keep your information safe. Below is some of the information that we will be using:
Contact information, including email address and telephone numbers
Demographic information such as an address, delivery location, and preferences
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We will only use your information to fulfill orders placed by you and to send you selected information about deals or product information that we think will interest you. We are also in full compliance with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards), which means you can rest assured that our systems are secure, and you can trust us with your sensitive payment card information. As a matter of fact, we don’t store or keep any information relating to your credit or debit cards. While checking out, you will be directed to the secure portal maintained by our payment gateway provider.
Gadget Zone and our third-party partners (advertisers, content, and service providers, such as logistics or payment providers), may also collect non-personal information about you while you use our site for statistical purposes. This information does not contain any of your personally identifiable information but rather details of your browser type, computer’s IP, pages visited, time spent on the site, and the advertisements that you clicked on. We also track any search terms that were entered on our website. For purposes of maintaining quality and issue resolution, we may in time record all telephone calls should we require further information.
A cookie is a small text file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic, letting us know when you have visited our site. Cookies allow web applications to tailor our operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over content posted on these external websites. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites; and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you have been redirected to. We will endeavor to avoid redirecting you to any sites that are potentially harmful.
What do we do with your information?
We only use your information to fulfill orders placed by you and to send you selected information about deals or product information that we think will interest you along with information updates and changes to our site. You will have the option to opt-out of any communication from us by unsubscribing from our contact list or by contacting our Customer Service team. We may, on your behalf, change or update your personal information (like updating your delivery address or telephone numbers). We will contact you only on the basis of the current information that has been saved against your account.
We also reserve the right to share your personal details if we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, in order to protect the safety of our business or the safety of our users.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with our team or subsidiaries. We also may share with to third parties if we:
1. Are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation;
Retention period of your personal information
Gadget Zone keeps your personal data to fulfill its intended purposes, and for historical archiving. We securely destroy and erase or anonymous your personal data to ensure that it cannot be restored after exceeding the specified retention period.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to request to:
1. access your personal data held by Gadget Zone.
2. amend your data when it is inaccurate or incomplete;
3. remove your data when
1. the purpose of which your data has been collected is no longer valid;
2. your personal data is processed on an unlawful basis;
3. the deletion is necessary for compliance with the law; or
4. your data is inaccurate;
4. block or restrict further processing of your personal data;
5. Submit a complaint when your personal data is being used for the purpose of direct marketing and for the purpose of automated decision-based processing including profiling where such processing may have legal ramifications or significantly affect your rights.
6. Withdraw your consent at any time to processing or transferring your personal data for a specific reason.
• We have the right to reject your request. We will inform you within 15 days of receiving the request on whether the request has been accepted or rejected, and will provide an explanation of the rejection if rejected. In case your request is incomplete, we will inform you within 10 days if any documents are missing to complete your request. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint to Bahrain’s Personal Data Protection Authority. As part of the personal data security measures, we may request you to provide specific information in order to confirm your identity and to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to have it.
Links to other third-party websites
This website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you use these links to leave our website, you should be aware that we do not have any control over that other website.
Changes to this policy
Any other matters
If you have any questions or concerns that haven’t been answered please get in touch with us